IELTS Testing Center
Official IELTS Testing Center
To pay the IELTS fee of $205, click here!
What is IELTS?
IELTS is the International English Language Testing System which tests English proficiency across the globe. Conducting 1.7 million tests globally, IELTS is the world's most popular English testing system.
IELTS tests are held in over 800 centers with tests up to four times a month. IELTS respects international diversity and is fair to anyone who sits the tests, regardless of nationality.
You can choose from two types of IELTS test: Academic or General Training, depending on where you want to study, work or migrate. Both modules are made up of four parts - Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. IELTS results are graded on the unique IELTS 9-band scale.
Why choose IELTS?
IELTS tests all four language skills - listening, reading, writing and speaking. The Speaking test is a face-to-face interview with a certified Examiner. It is interactive and as close to a real-life situation as a test can get.
Research shows that IELTS motivates test-takers to develop real and well-rounded English rather than learning by rote. This means your understanding of English is improved and valid for real life in an English-speaking country.
IELTS is available in two test formats: Academic or General Training. AUM only offers the Academic test.
All candidates take the same Listening and Speaking modules but different Reading and Writing modules.
Listening, Reading and Writing must be completed in one day. Depending on your test center, the Speaking test may be offered on the same day or up to a week before or after the other parts. See below for a diagram of the test format.
Academic or General Training?
The following definitions are to be used as a general guide only.
Academic - Institutions of Higher and Further Education
The Academic format is, broadly speaking, for those who want to study or train in an English-speaking university or Institutions of Higher and Further Education. Admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses is based on the results of the Academic test.
General Training - for school, work or migration
The General Training format focuses on basic survival skills in broad social and workplace contexts. It is typically for those who are going to English-speaking countries to do secondary education, work experience or training programs. People migrating to Australia, Canada and New Zealand must sit the General Training test.
It should be noted that certain professions require an Academic test result for registration and migration purposes.
A Reliable, Secure Test
The IELTS nine (9) band score system grades scores consistently. It is secure, benchmarked and understood worldwide. Test materials are designed carefully so that every version of the test is of a comparable level of difficulty.
IELTS Examiners are fully qualified and follow the IELTS standardized testing around the world. IELTS has a quality-controlled system of recruitment, training, benchmarking, certification and monitoring. IELTS markers are regularly monitored and tested every two years to retain their certification.
If you have a disability or condition which might require special arrangements, you should discuss it with your test center as soon as possible. Each case is considered individually and you will need a medical certificate. Test centers need three months to put arrangements into place.
Special arrangements include the following:
- Enlarged print and brailed test papers, an amanuensis to write answers, a Braille word-processor – for those with visual difficulties.
- Special amplification equipment, lip-reading version of the Listening module – for those with hearing difficulties.
- Extra time for the Reading and Writing modules, use of a word processor – for those with learning difficulties (e.g. dyslexia).
Please contact your local test center about your special needs.
You can download the IELTS information booklet here which gives you all the information you need about the exam.
A valid passport is REQUIRED and is the ONLY acceptable form of identification.
On the application for Testing, candidates must
1. Supply a valid passport number and
2. Attach a scanned copy or photocopy of the passport page containing the photo, number, and signature.
Passports are REQUIRED on test day. Be sure it is valid and it is the one you included in your application packet. You will need a second form of identification with your picture. Your passport is the only official proof of identity that is accepted in the United States. Driver's license, student ID, and other picture ID is used as secondary proof of identification only. Candidates who do not bring their passport will not be permitted to take the test.
Cancellation /Change Policies
Request for cancellation or changes regarding your test must be made via e-mail, letter or fax ONLY. Telephone cancellation or postponement will not be accepted.
1. Cancellation more than 5 weeks (34 days) before the test date - You will receive a partial refund. An administrative fee of $50.00 will be retained by the Testing Office for cancellations made more than five weeks before the test date.
2. Cancellation fewer than 5 weeks ahead of the test date - NO refund will be issued. Failure to appear for the test without notification is considered a cancellation, NO refund will be issued, and you must re-apply if you wish to take the Exam on another date.
1. Changing Test Date at originally requested center. A request to change your test date at your original center must be made more than 5 weeks prior to the elected test date and you must pay an additional $50.00 administrative fee.
2. Changing Test Location more than five weeks prior to test date. A request to change your test location more than 5 weeks prior to the elected test date will be treated like a cancellation and you will ONLY receive a partial refund. A $50.00 administrative fee will be deducted from the refund. You must submit a full, new test application to the new center of your choice.
3. Changes within 5 weeks of test date. Candidates who wish to make a change fewer than 5 weeks prior to the elected test date will be treated as a cancellation must re-apply and will receive NO refund.
Your results will be issued on the 13th date from your test date and mailed on the same day. You can also check your results at results.ielts.org.
You can request to have copies of your Test Report Form automatically sent to five institutions free of charge when you register for the exam.
If you need additional copies after your test date, those copies incur a processing fee of $30 per form.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (334) 244 3131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.